|Lucy Moore (f)|
Heath Lane Social Prescribing Service
Social Prescriber: Lucy Moore
What is Social Prescribing?
We know that taking care of your health involves more than just medicine. With Social Prescribing you can get specialist support for more than medical issues. Your Social Prescriber will contact you and spend time with you exploring what activities and/or local support that could improve your health and wellbeing. We will assist and support you to plan your next steps and goals that you want to address and achieve.
What support can I get?
Our Social Prescriber can help you with a range of issues, including:
- Social isolation or Loneliness
- Emotional wellbeing
- Healthy lifestyle choices or Getting out and about
- Life changing events such as birth, retirement, bereavement
- Long term health conditions, Loss of confidence/purpose, Poor health linked to housing or housing conditions
- Accessing work, training and volunteering
Covid-19 Support during local and national restrictions regarding Covid-19- Are you Clinically extremely vulnerable and struggling with areas of support? Your Social Prescriber can help go through any areas you are worried about.
Social Prescribing can link you to many activities, groups and organisations that can help. This may include:
- Healthy lifestyles and active lives, Arts, music, outdoors and creativity, Befriending, counselling and other support groups, Housing, benefits and financial support and advice, Employment, training and volunteering, Education and learning, Getting involved in local groups and activities and Accessing specialist services
What are the benefits?
- Improve your mental and physical health
- Meet new people
- Learn a new skill or participate in a new activity
- Increase self-confidence and self-esteem
- Better quality of life
- Get involved in your community
How do I access the Social Prescriber?
Contact your surgery and they can connect you to our Social Prescriber Lucy who will contact you to book an appointment.
Other health professionals visit the practice to offer services such as the District Nurses, Mental Health Facilitator, Audiologist, Substance Misuse, Practice Therapist. Please ask the reception team for details.