If you have an appointment or are visiting anyone at any of the University Hospital of Leicester (UHL) hospitals you might find this information regarding UHL parking useful.
UHL - Car Parking
Did you know …..?
Cost of parking
- The Trust offers a range of saver tickets for patients and prime carers, these being a maximum daily charge (£5.50), weekly ticket (£15), monthly ticket (£50) and at the Leicester Royal a ticket for £25 (topped up with £50 of parking credit).
- The weekly and monthly parking ticket for patients/prime carers can be transferred between the 3 acute sites.
- Patients entering and exiting the Leicester Royal Infirmary car park within 30 minutes will not be charged. At the General and Glenfield this is mirrored by the 20 minute drop off and pick up bays that are free.
- There are 20-minute pick up/drop off points near to most entrances at all 3 hospital sites.
- Disabled blue badge holders can park in any patient car park at the Leicester General and Glenfield for free as long as they display the blue disabled badge.
- Free disabled parking bays exist around the Leicester Royal Infirmary (outside of the car parks).
- There is a cost to the provision of car parking for both staff and patients, in order that this cost does not come out of patient care we charge for parking.
- In most instances a parking charge notice will only be issued after 2 Warnings
- If you receive a warning and speak to the car park team there is a possibility that the warning will be revoked preventing it escalating to a parking charge notice.
- The UHL does not make any money from the issuing of parking charge notices. These are issued in order to manage the site. If the Trust decides to revoke a ticket they will have to pay the charge.
- UHL volunteers are provided with car park permits allowing them to park in staff areas where required.
- There are specific parking bays around all 3 sites for volunteer drivers
- If the general public park in a volunteer bay they will receive warnings and then parking charge notice.
- Work vans are only allowed to park in volunteer bays as a last resort to allow them close proximity to where they are working.
- The Glenfield site is shared with Leicestershire Partnership Trust many of the spaces seen around the site belong to the LPT.
- A freephone to call taxis is available in the following locations:
o Glenfield (main reception)
o Leicester General (main and maternity reception)
o Leicester Royal (main, Windsor, Kensington and Osborne reception)
- UHL staff cannot leave their cars at Tesco site and catch Hopper as there is a time limit on parking at Tesco.
- The Hospital rent out 70 spaces out of the staff multi-storey to Tigers on match days as a reciprocal agreement for spaces the Trust uses during the week.
- The hours of the Hopper have been extended into the evening.
- All travel and car park information can be found on the website under Patients and Visitors, Getting to Hospital: