Welcome to Heath Lane Surgery
THE SURGERY IS RUNNING A LOCKED DOOR POLICY DUE TO THE CURRENT CORONAVIRUS SITUATION.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN INVITED, ALL PATIENTS WILL BE TRIAGED FOR COVID-19 BEFORE GAINING ENTRY.
TELEPHONE LINES ARE BUSY - Please be aware we are experiencing a high volume of telephone calls. If you are trying to contact us to book your flu vaccination, please try calling after 10am. If possible please make use of our Online Services to order repeat medication or to book or cancel appointments.
PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL THE SURGERY TO REQUEST REPEAT MEDICATION
The Official NHS COVID-19 contact tracing app for England and Wales, click HERE
for more details
We will have QR Codes in our waiting rooms for patients to scan
Stay up to date about Flu this year
Please see that article on the West Leicestershire CCG Website HERE
Due to high demand this year we are trying to vaccinate our highest risk patients first. If you have received a text from the practice asking you to book in please ensure you call the practice as soon as you can.
Please be aware that we ask that you wear a face covering when visiting the surgery. Evidence suggests that wearing a face covering does not protect you. However, if you are infected but have not yet developed symptoms, it may provide some protection for others you come into close contact with.
Face coverings do not replace social distancing. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, and/or high temperature, and/or loss of, or change in, your normal sense of smell or taste - anosmia), you and your household must isolate at home: wearing a face covering does not change this.
You can make face-coverings at home. The key thing is it should cover the mouth and nose.
Please refer the GOV website for more information regarding face coverings which can be found HERE.
In settings where face coverings are mandated in England, there are some circumstances, for health, age or equality reasons, whereby people are not expected to wear face coverings in these settings. You do not need to wear a face covering if you have a legitimate reason not to. This includes the following:
* young children under the age of 11
* not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
* if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
* if you are travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
* to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others
* to avoid injury, or to escape a risk of harm, and you do not have a face covering with you
* to eat or drink, but only if you need to
* to take medication
* if a police officer or other official requests you remove your face covering
There are also scenarios when you are permitted to remove a face covering when asked:
* If asked to do so by shop staff for the purpose of age identification
* If speaking with people who rely on lip reading, facial expressions and clear sound. Some may ask you, either verbally or in writing, to remove a covering to help with communication
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR DOCTORS ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE EXEMPTION LETTERS TO PATIENTS REGARDING FACE COVERINGS
Well Pharmacy next door to the surgery are operating reduced opening hours with a one in one out policy, this is to allow them to operate safely and provide the best service they can for as many patient as possible during this difficult time. The Surgery has no affiliation with the Pharmacy, Please do NOT contact the Surgery regarding questions relating to the Pharmacy including opening hours or whether a prescription is ready for collection.
You can however email the Pharmacy directly at email@example.com
When Booking Appointments with a Doctor, please be aware that this will be a telephone appointment and the Doctor will call you from a withheld number. The time of the appointment is a guide and will not necessarily be at the appointment time. Please help us by entering a reason for your appointment and also the telephone number you would like the doctor to contact you on. We are also offering Smear and Asthma Review appointments with our nursing team online.
Note: SystmOnline is now available from outside of the UK.
If your password is not working please use the I've forgotten my password link to help reset it,
you have only 5 total failed attempts to login before your account is deactivated.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW AIRMID UK APP FOR YOUR SMARTPHONE OR TABLET
For the latest health information regarding
the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please here >>HERE<<
Join a COVID-19 clinical trial
The PRINCIPLE trial aims to find treatments that reduce hospital admission and improve symptoms for people with COVID-19. Heath Lane Surgery is involved with this clinical trial and you could be eligible to join if:
- You have had these symptoms for fewer than 14 days:
- a continuous new or worsening cough
- a high temperature
- You are aged 50 to 64 with a pre-existing illness (for example Asthma, COPD, Heart Failure, Diabetes)
- You are aged 65 and above
- Find Out More via the links below
Please do not contact our Reception Team about the Trial.
Access to NHS Dentistry
Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 LLR stakeholder bulletin
COVID-19 Privacy Notice
Supplementary LLR COVID-19 Privacy Notice
Changes to Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
We have upgraded to the next phase of the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) which will mean that almost all our prescriptions will be processed electronically since 11th March 2020.
Electronic prescriptions help save the NHS money.
You will receive your prescriptions in the same way as you do now.
Read more about EPS on the NHS website.
For the Patient Participation Group (PPG) page
Please click HERE
Have you changed your contact details recently?
Keeping us up to date with your contact details helps us to help you.
Click HERE or download our Change of Details form and return it to our reception team to update us on any changes
to your address, telephone number or even your email address.
Change of Details FORM
If you have changed your name, you will need to bring supporting documentation to the Surgery to show to a member of our reception team before a change can be made to your records.
Welcome to our website. We hope to use this site as a way of presenting all our patients with an up-to-date resource for all information relating to our practice, the staff and the services we provide. We aim to keep it current with any news and developments. We also hope you will use this website as a useful source for other health- related information.
Our easy to use format has the added benefit of several online functions, shown at the bottom of this page.
If you are new to the area, have a look at our opening times; the practice does not cover all of the Hinckley area therefore please use the link, Our catchment area to check. Please download a registration form and come and see us.
Summary Care Record (SCR) is data shared with health and care professionals, consenting to Enhanced Summary Care Record (eSCR) can help staff involved in your care make better, safer and quicker decisions because additional information is shared. You can consent to sharing an Enhanced Summary Cared Record by speaking to Reception or a Clinician.
What is Additional Information?
Additional information is a summary of the information recorded by your GP practice about you and will include the following (when this is present in your GP health record):
- Your long term health conditions such as asthma, diabetes, heart problems or rare medical conditions.
- Your relevant medical history – clinical procedures that you have had, why you need a particular medicine, the care you are currently receiving and clinical advice to support your future care.
- Your health care preferences – you may have your own care preferences which will make caring for you more in line with your needs, such as special dietary requirements.
- Your personal preferences – you may have personal preferences, such as religious beliefs or legal decisions that you would like to be known.
- Immunisations – details of previous vaccinations, such as tetanus and routine childhood jabs.
- Specific sensitive information such as any fertility treatments, sexually transmitted infections, pregnancy terminations or gender reassignment will not be included, unless you specifically ask for any of these items to be included.
How will Additional Information help me?
Essential details about your healthcare can be very difficult to remember, particularly when you are unwell. Having additional information in your SCR means that when you need healthcare, you will be helped to recall this vital information.
There are already clear benefits for your care from having medication, allergy and adverse reaction information available through your SCR. If you choose to add additional information, this can further increase the quality of your care. Additional information can also empower you if you need some help to communicate your complex care needs.
Your Health in Safe Hands
The team are here to provide all patients with a professional and caring healthcare experience in friendly and professional surroundings. With discretion and confidentiality guaranteed your welfare is safe, secure and in good hands.
Please view our Mission Statement.
Please view our Patient's Charter.
Please have a look around our website, we would welcome your feedback. We can use your thoughts to improve our online service and further develop the website to make it more useful for our patients.
Further information has been produced by our patient participation group in our patient information leaflet.
Please download Practice Leaflet
Heath Lane Surgery Privacy Notice
(Site updated 20/10/2020)